Thursday, April 29, 2010

wrinkle in time goes graphic novel style

Photo credit: photo by J. Culkin on Publisher's Weekly

Publisher's Weekly announced on Monday that Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle In Time is going to be adapted into a graphic novel. Author and cartoonist Hope Larson is the talented, lucky lady who gets to give Wrinkle an edgy overhaul. I wasn't familiar with Larson's work until I read the PW article - I'm not really a graphic novel connoisseur, although I do appreciate the work that goes into them - but I'm very excited to see what Larson comes up with. What will the three Mrs. W's (Who, Whatsit and Which) look like? And the Happy Medium? How about Aunt Beast? one of my favorite characters. And I'm very curious to see what Larson does with IT. Graphic Wrinkle is scheduled to debut in the fall of 2012, in time to coincide with the 50th anniversary of A Wrinkle In Time's original pub date.

No comments:

Post a Comment