Monday, April 19, 2010

photo pops and three of the four corners

On the road again, photo pops was on the road again... This time we're taking a trip through Arizona, Colorado and Utah... a little factoid, did you know that along with New Mexico, the three previous states mentioned all touch at one corner making up the only such geographical point in the United States called the Four Corners.

Spring storm over sandstone rocks near the border of Arizona and Utah.

Sandstone rocks in the Vermillion Cliffs National Monument in northern Arizona.


Looking west towards Buckskin Mountains.


Gobble-gobble-gobble. Turkey's crossing the road in Zion National Park. By-the-by, have I mentioned how the turkeys are out in my own neighborhood? I come across them almost every day that I go for a run, and lemme tell you, they're not always so pleasant. They are quite beautiful when they spread their wings, but when they do that it usually means they're upset or being protective about one thing or another. One of them even hissed at me the other day. I swear I was minding my own business, these birds just have a bit of attitude..if you ask me.

Waterfall in Zion National Park.
Tree amongst red rock. (This is my favorite).

(Okay, I like this one, too). Sandhill Cranes migrating to Yellowstone for their summer break.

Where can you find sand, snow and water all in one place? The Great Sand Dunes National Monument at 8,000 feet, near Alamosa, CO. That's where.

Sand dunes. Thirty-square miles to be exact. Some as tall as 750 feet.

Sand dunes at the base of the Sangre de Cristo mountains in Southern Colorado.

Good stuff, right? Please feel free to share which photo you liked the best. Next, photo pops is headed for Switzerland- that is only if Iceland's volcano stops erupting...

(All photos property of Richard Hagar. Any unauthorized use is prohibited and illegal).

No comments:

Post a Comment