Thursday, April 22, 2010

d.o.g.s



If you read this blog you know that I love dogs. So how could I not absolutely love the book by that title, Dogs by author/illustrator Emily Gravett. That is why I would like to appoint Ms. Gravett as my newest pick for flipside featured artist. Not only is her story about loving all types of dogs adorable, her illustrations are fantastic, too. Pencil and watercolor make up the winsome pictures of all different types of dogs from "stroppy dogs to soppy dogs," to "dogs that play and dogs that won't" (ah, Sadie falls into the latter).
Ms. Gravett has also written numerous other books for kids like The Odd Egg, Orange Pear Apple Bear, and Monkey and Me. Of course I think Dogs is my favorite, even if she didn't add any Norwich Terriers... ;)



Check out her website where you will enter through the door of an old library and inside find all kinds of wonderful things. And if you know anyone who loves dogs as much as me, this book would make a great gift for adults and kids alike.

(All photos from Emily Gravett. Gravett, Emily. Dogs. London: Macmillan, 2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment