Tuesday, April 6, 2010

queries and personal ads...

I thought this post called "Love is Like a Bottle of Query" on the Rejectionist was quite clever. It's about how manuscript queries that literary agents receive from writers are similar to the personal dating ads found on Craigslist. I think number 4 is my favorite. The whole scenario of being inundated with letters like these literary agents receive from hopeful writers, reminds me of when I worked at Christie's auction house. Every day my inbox would be flooded with adamant letters from people claiming to have found an unknown Picasso in the dumpster behind their house. I can relate to the OMG! Give me a break! moments these literary agents must constantly have......I just hope I'm not one of the writers giving it to them! lesson learned....

No comments:

Post a Comment