Thursday, August 6, 2009

leave it to vote

I'm trying to create a fictional-scientific name for a character in the new book I'm currently writing (tentatively titled, Red Balloon, and six other possible names) and I need your help. The character is a strange, kind of obnoxious, obtuse creature, who leeches onto the flying balloons for free rides, since he can't get airborne himself. He's a combination of two flightless birds; a Cassowary, and a Penguin. I'd like to marry the two words so I scribbled down some ideas. I won't say which one I'm leaning toward, but I like the shorter ones of the bunch that are easier to pronounce. Any ideas? I welcome your votes and thoughts.

Cassowary+Penguin=
-Pengowary

-Pencassouin

-Pecassion

-Pecassoguin

-Pengacassowary

-Pengasso

-Passoguin

-Passowary

-Gassoguin

-Gassowary

-Cassopengary

-Cassopengo

1 comment:

  1. I vote for Gassoguin! It's got great pun potential!

    ReplyDelete