Thursday, July 30, 2009

where the wild things are

Yippee, it's almost here! The movie for one of my favorite books, Maurice Sendak's, Where the Wild Things Are - check out the beautifully crafted trailer: http://wherethewildthingsare.warnerbros.com/

This was one of those books for me, like for so many others, that really touched on something strongly familiar in my rampant imagination as a child, and the wonder has stayed with me throughout adulthood. The Metreon, in San Francisco, used to have a floor dedicated to this book where you could walk through a forest and see life size monsters, and really feel like you were a part of the story, but I went to that almost ten years ago, so I'm not sure if it's still there. Nonetheless, the movie should be a nice way to re experience it, and the soundtrack sounds awesome as well (Arcade Fire)!

No comments:

Post a Comment